The Paarl, Wellington and Franschhoek regions are well known for their incredible variety of festivals throughout the year.
From religious festivals, to sport, music, flora and fauna, International Bastille day, cheese, olives and wine – to summer harvest, winter slow food or spring releases – there is something fabulous to tag onto your holiday.
Some of the most famous festivals are listed here, but you can also check out Paarl Tourism.
Some Festivals in the Area include:
- Monthly: Run the Vine
- March: Ommie Berg (View Package)
- March: Wellington Harvest Festival
- March/April: Boland Summer Festival
- April: SA Cheese Festival (See our Package)
- May: Wellington Safari Half Marathon
- May: Wellington “Op die Stasie’ Festival
- May: Gravel Travel Cycling
- July: Berg River Canoe Marathon
- July: Franschhoek Bastille Festival
- August: Inter-schools Paarl Boys High vs Paarl Gymnasium
- September: Wellington Fork and Cork Festival
- September: Franschhoek Uncorked Festival
- October: Wellington Pinotage on Tap
- October: Winelands Classic Golf Tournament
- December: Franschhoek Cap Classic and Champagne Festival